Deoband condemns French ban on veil
Muzaffarnagar: Terming as "undemocratic"
and against "secularism" the ban imposed on veil in France,
leading Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband has appealed to
the government to raise the issue with the European country.
In a joint statement issued to the press, acting Vice
Chancellor of the seminary Maulana Abul Kasmi Banarsi and
Deputy Vice Chancellor Abdul Khalique Madrasi said, "The veil
is an integral part of our religion. Baning it is against the
freedom of the religion."
They said the move was "undemocratic" and against
They also appealed to the government to raise the
issue with the French government and ask them to withdraw
France on April 11 became the first country in Europe
to apply a ban on the wearing of full-face coverings,
including the Islamic niqab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!