Deoband issues fatwa against birthday celebrations
Muzaffarnagar: Leading Islamic seminary Darul
Uloom Deoband has advised Muslims against celebrating
birthdays, contending in a fatwa that Islam does not permit
such a practice which is a "tradition of western countries".
Responding to a query of an AMU student, the fatwa
department of the country`s biggest Islamic seminary said that
Islam does not permit such celebrations as they are against
the Shariat law.
The query was made in reference to the birthday
celebration of Sir Syed Ahmed Khan, the founder of the Aligarh
"Muslims should not follow the tradition of western
culture of celebrating birthdays as it against the Shariat
law," Vice-Chancellor of Darul Uloom Deoband, Maulana Abul
Kasim Naumani said here today.
Naumani added that even the Islamic seminary does not
celebrate the birth anniversary of Prophet Mohammed, the
founder of the religion.
Meanwhile, Darul Uloom Deoband today appealed Muslims to
avoid cow slaughter on Id-Ul-Zuha as a mark of respect for the
feelings of Hindus.
Vice-Chancellor of the Darul Uloom, Maulana Abul Kasim
Naumani said, "as a mark of respect for the feelings of
Hindus, the seminary has asked Muslims in the country to avoid
cow slaughter on the occasion of Id-Ul-Zuha tomorrow."
He also asked Muslims to cooperate with the sanitary
department for the cleanliness drive during the festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Mumbai architect receives Rs 5 crore extortion call from gangster Ravi Pujari
- 7th Pay Commission: Salary hike to boost demand in consumer durables sector
- 7th Pay Commission: Unions reject Centre's pay hike, threaten to go on strike
- It's a 'happy-sad feeling' for Anushka Sharma as 'Phillauri' shoot comes to an end!
- Lankan Navy damages seven boats of Tamil Nadu fishermen