Deora to look after Telecom, Pilot IT & Postal
New Delhi: Newly appointed Minister of State for IT and Communications Milind Deora has been given the charge of the Telecom Department and his peer, Sachin
Pilot, will take care of IT and Postal issues.
Last week, the 34-year old Deora, a two-time Congress MP from South Mumbai, had taken charge as Minister of State for IT and Communications.
Minister for IT and Communications Kapil Sibal has
decided the responsibilities of both Ministers of State,
official sources said.
While taking charge, Deora had said there is scope for
improvement in the telecom sector, while emphasising on
maximising telecom penetration in the country. He had said he
would identify the areas which require improvement.
An accomplished guitarist, Deora had said that his first
and foremost priority would be be to increase telephony
services in rural areas at affordable prices, while ensuring
revenue to the government at the same time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video