Deora to look after Telecom, Pilot IT & Postal
New Delhi: Newly appointed Minister of State for IT and Communications Milind Deora has been given the charge of the Telecom Department and his peer, Sachin
Pilot, will take care of IT and Postal issues.
Last week, the 34-year old Deora, a two-time Congress MP from South Mumbai, had taken charge as Minister of State for IT and Communications.
Minister for IT and Communications Kapil Sibal has
decided the responsibilities of both Ministers of State,
official sources said.
While taking charge, Deora had said there is scope for
improvement in the telecom sector, while emphasising on
maximising telecom penetration in the country. He had said he
would identify the areas which require improvement.
An accomplished guitarist, Deora had said that his first
and foremost priority would be be to increase telephony
services in rural areas at affordable prices, while ensuring
revenue to the government at the same time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'