Deployment of CISF troops reviewed
New Delhi: A high-level security review of CISF troop’s deployment at airports, the Delhi Metro and for Commonwealth Games was carried out here.
The review was carried out by Union Home Secretary G K Pillai and CISF chief N R Das as senior officers of the force assembled here for a two-day bi-annual operations conference.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) is presently guarding 58 major airports, the Delhi Metro and 302 vital installations across the country including those in Maoist affected areas The force is also contributing more than 1200 troops and commandos for the Commonwealth Games in the national capital.
The top officers of the force brainstormed on preparedness and chalked out strategies for adequate security of nuclear, defence and space research establishments across
the country. "Issues related to modernisation, deployment pattern and welfare of the troops were also discussed during the two-day meet," CISF Assistant Inspector General Rohit Katiyar said.
The force with a strength of 1.27 lakh personnel has also been mandated to guard ventures in the private sector since the last year after the CISF Act was amended following the Mumbai 26/11 attacks of 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!