Depression develops in Bay of Bengal
Bhubaneswar: Orissa is likely to
experience rain and thunder shower in the next 24 hours due to
the formation of a depression over the west-central Bay of
Bengal, Met office sources said.
The depression lay centred in the sea at a place about
650 km south, south-west of Gopalpur in Ganjam district,
"The system will move the northwest and cross south
Andhra Pradesh coast between Nellore and Ongole near Kavali by
today night," a senior official at the local Met office said.
Some places in southern region could see heavy rain
during the next 24 hours.
Distant Cautionary Signal Number One (DC-I) has been
hoisted at Paradip and Gopalpur ports while fishermen have
been advised not to go to the sea.
Under its impact, wind speed reaching 45 to 55 km per
hour would prevail along and off Orissa coast, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda