Depression develops in Bay of Bengal
Bhubaneswar: Orissa is likely to
experience rain and thunder shower in the next 24 hours due to
the formation of a depression over the west-central Bay of
Bengal, Met office sources said.
The depression lay centred in the sea at a place about
650 km south, south-west of Gopalpur in Ganjam district,
"The system will move the northwest and cross south
Andhra Pradesh coast between Nellore and Ongole near Kavali by
today night," a senior official at the local Met office said.
Some places in southern region could see heavy rain
during the next 24 hours.
Distant Cautionary Signal Number One (DC-I) has been
hoisted at Paradip and Gopalpur ports while fishermen have
been advised not to go to the sea.
Under its impact, wind speed reaching 45 to 55 km per
hour would prevail along and off Orissa coast, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok