Describe colour of terrorism in Kashmir: Modi to Chidambaram
Ahmedabad: Taking a swipe at Union Home Minister P Chidambaram for his `saffron terror` comment, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday asked him to describe the "colour of terrorism in the Kashmir valley".
"Now, even terrorism has different colours, as per our Home Minister Chidambaram," Modi said while addressing a seminar organised by the BJP Youth Wing here.
"I would like to ask him what would be the colour of terrorism faced by the people of Kashmir. What would be colour of violence faced by thousands of Kashmiri pandits," Modi asked.
While addressing a function of state police chiefs in Delhi last month, Chidambaram had said a new phenomenon of "saffron terrorism" involved in many bomb blasts had been uncovered.
Modi further asked what was the Congress government doing when the Kashmiri Pandits in the Valley were left helpless due to the violence against them. "Do you (UPA) have any answer to this," he added.
"The Congress is leading the country towards disaster with its vote bank politics and policy on terrorism," Modi said, adding those who try to malign the image of progressive Gujarat will get a befitting reply from its people.
The chief minister also talked about his government`s efforts for development of the state and how it has been successful in maintaining peace in Gujarat over the last decade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?