Describe colour of terrorism in Kashmir: Modi to Chidambaram
Ahmedabad: Taking a swipe at Union Home Minister P Chidambaram for his `saffron terror` comment, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday asked him to describe the "colour of terrorism in the Kashmir valley".
"Now, even terrorism has different colours, as per our Home Minister Chidambaram," Modi said while addressing a seminar organised by the BJP Youth Wing here.
"I would like to ask him what would be the colour of terrorism faced by the people of Kashmir. What would be colour of violence faced by thousands of Kashmiri pandits," Modi asked.
While addressing a function of state police chiefs in Delhi last month, Chidambaram had said a new phenomenon of "saffron terrorism" involved in many bomb blasts had been uncovered.
Modi further asked what was the Congress government doing when the Kashmiri Pandits in the Valley were left helpless due to the violence against them. "Do you (UPA) have any answer to this," he added.
"The Congress is leading the country towards disaster with its vote bank politics and policy on terrorism," Modi said, adding those who try to malign the image of progressive Gujarat will get a befitting reply from its people.
The chief minister also talked about his government`s efforts for development of the state and how it has been successful in maintaining peace in Gujarat over the last decade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported