Deshmukh`s condition continues to be stable
Chennai: The condition of Union Science and Technology Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, who is undergoing treatment for serious liver ailment at a hospital here, continues to be stable today, hospital sources said.
"He is on and off the ventilator, and his condition continues to be stable," sources at Global Hospitals, where Deshmukh was admitted on last Monday, said.
Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, former Union Minister and Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil, Minister of State in PMO, V Narayanasamy and Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla visited the ailing minister.
The 67-year-old former Maharashtra Chief Minister was brought here from Mumbai in an air ambulance in a critical condition. He continues to be in the ICU.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra