Deshmukh`s condition continues to be stable
Chennai: The condition of Union Science and Technology Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, who is undergoing treatment for serious liver ailment at a hospital here, continues to be stable today, hospital sources said.
"He is on and off the ventilator, and his condition continues to be stable," sources at Global Hospitals, where Deshmukh was admitted on last Monday, said.
Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, former Union Minister and Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil, Minister of State in PMO, V Narayanasamy and Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla visited the ailing minister.
The 67-year-old former Maharashtra Chief Minister was brought here from Mumbai in an air ambulance in a critical condition. He continues to be in the ICU.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!