Deshmukh`s condition stable: Hospital executive
Chennai: The condition of Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, undergoing treatment at a hospital for serious liver ailment, is "stable", a top hospital executive said on Wednesday.
"Yes, he is stable," K Ravindranath, Chairman and Managing Director of Global Hospitals told reporters in a brief comment on the condition of 67-year-old Deshmukh who was admitted to the hospital on Monday.
Asked whether Deshmukh would be required to undergo a liver transplant, he said "First he has to improve, then we will think about it."
This is the first time that the hospital authorities had made any public statement on the condition of the former Maharashtra Chief minister and senior Congress leader.
Hospital authorities have all along remained tight-lipped maintaining that Deshmukh`s family had requested them to respect their privacy and that they would inform the public about his condition through social media.
Hospital sources had earlier in the day said the condition of Deshmukh, the Science and Technology Minister, was "still critical" while his family members were quoted as saying that he had shown improvement since his admission.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan accompanied by Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and several other ministers visited the hospital and enquired about Deshmukh`s condition with his family members.
Chavan declined to talk to the waiting mediapersons, but minister Pandurang Kadam and Congress MP Vilas Muttemwar said the family members informed them that Deshmukh was improving.
"What we know is that he is improving and his condition is better than what it was when he was in Breach Candy Hospital in Mumbai (from where he was flown in an air ambulance here)," Muttemwar said.
Kadam, quoting family members of Deshmukh, said the former Maharashtra chief minister was improving.
A team doctors of several specialities, including noted liver transplant surgeon Dr Mohamed Rela, are treating Deshmukh, who is on life-support systems.
Meanwhile, Deshmukh`s family members offered prayers at the famous 11th century Sri Marundheeswarar (Lord Shiva) temple here last night for his speedy recovery, temple sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?