Designer uniform for KV students
New Delhi: `Designer` uniforms are in the
offing for Kendriya Vidyalaya students with school authorities
seeking the help of National Institute of Fashion Technology
in designing new dresses.
The KV sangathan has approached NIFT to find a suitable
design, said sources, adding, the design will be carefully
examined before being vetted.
At present, there are over a 1000 KV schools across the
country with 10,58,450 students.
The existing school uniform has not changed ever since
Kendriya Vidyalayas came into existence.
The KV uniform is based on the blue and white colour code.
While boys up to Class VIII wear white shirt with navy blue
shorts, uniform for girls is a white blouse with navy blue
skirt. From Classes IX to XII, girls wear salwar kameez.
KV schools, which are currently undergoing some reforms,
will also have a new logo.
The Sangathan has approached the National School of
Design for a new logo, sources said, adding the idea is to
take KVs to a new phase through these moves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Anil Ambani's elder son Jai Anmol joins Reliance Capital board
- Gold price rises by Rs 150 to Rs 31,200 per 10 grams
- Eurozone business activity strong despite Brexit: Survey
- India does not play for rankings, says Virat Kohli
- US backs Amnesty over India sedition case, says it respects group's right to express freely