Designer uniform for KV students
New Delhi: `Designer` uniforms are in the
offing for Kendriya Vidyalaya students with school authorities
seeking the help of National Institute of Fashion Technology
in designing new dresses.
The KV sangathan has approached NIFT to find a suitable
design, said sources, adding, the design will be carefully
examined before being vetted.
At present, there are over a 1000 KV schools across the
country with 10,58,450 students.
The existing school uniform has not changed ever since
Kendriya Vidyalayas came into existence.
The KV uniform is based on the blue and white colour code.
While boys up to Class VIII wear white shirt with navy blue
shorts, uniform for girls is a white blouse with navy blue
skirt. From Classes IX to XII, girls wear salwar kameez.
KV schools, which are currently undergoing some reforms,
will also have a new logo.
The Sangathan has approached the National School of
Design for a new logo, sources said, adding the idea is to
take KVs to a new phase through these moves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH