Desist from making hate speeches, SC tells Raj Thackeray
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday asked MNS
chief Raj Thackeray to desist from making provocative speeches
targeting North Indians, which has led to several criminal
cases being lodged against him in different parts of the
"This (filing of criminal cases) will continue against
you. Why don`t you stop this sort of things. You go on making
such statements," a Bench comprising Chief Justice KG
Balakrishnan and Justice BS Chauhan said.
The observations by the Bench was made during the
petition filed by Thackeray seeking shifting of the three
cases filed in Madhya Pradesh, Bihar and Jharkhand recently
against him to the national capital.
"What is the guarantee that in future you will not make
such statements," the Bench said while issuing notices to
those who have filed private complaints against the MNS chief
for his alleged action and speeches promoting animosity among
The case filed in Mandasor in Madhya Pradesh was in
connection with the incident in which Samajwadi Party MLA Abu
Azami was slapped by MNS legislators in the Maharashtra
Assembly allegedly at the instance of Thackeray.
The other two cases have been filed against him in
Aurangabad in Bihar and Jamshedpur in Jharkhand for his
alleged inflammatory speeches against North Indians.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living