‘Desperate’ Modi won’t be able to unfurl tricolour at Red Fort even in seven lives: JD-U
New Delhi: Janata Dal-United leader Shivanand Tiwari on Thursday launched a scathing attack on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi following his criticism of Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh’s speech on the occasion of India’s 67th Independence Day, and said the BJP’s much-talked about Prime Ministerial candidate would not be able to unfurl the tricolour at the historic Red Fort even in seven lives.
Referring to Modi’s ambition to become the next Prime Minister, he said “Saath janam mein bhi Modi Lal Qila pe jhanda nahi phaira sakte (Even in seven lives, Modi cannot unfurl the flag at the Red Fort).” “This is a country of Gandhi, Sardar Patel, Lal Bahadur Shastri, Indira Gandhi. Dividing communities along communal lines never work for Modi and his dream to become the Prime Minister,” he added.
Tiwari further said that Modi’s speech was an outcome of his desperation to become the next Prime Minister. “Narendra Modi is very desperate to become the Prime Minister and it can be seen through his statement he made on Wednesday that his speech on the occasion of Independence Day would be equal or better than that of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh,” he said.
He also said that Modi is trying to create hatred and intolerance in the same way as the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) who were allegedly held responsible by Sardar Patel for Mahatma Gandhi’s assassination. “In his speech, he mentioned about Sardar Patel and Lal Bahadur Shashtri. But both these great leaders did not belong to Narendra Modi’s legacy, they were a part of the Congress. I don’t know if Narendra Modi remembers that after Gandhiji’s assassination, Sardar Patel banned the RSS and wrote a letter to Guru Golwarkar accusing the RSS of creating widespread hatred and intolerance, which he held responsible for Gandhi’s death. That same kind of hatred and tolerance is being created by Modi,” he added.
Modi earlier in the day dubbed the Prime Minister’s speech as uninspiring, and accused him of taking a soft stand against Pakistan despite the recent ceasefire violations along the Line of Control (LoC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez