Despite being a Punjabi Manmohan Singh has `failed`: Sukhbir
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has "failed this time" despite being a Punjabi, who by nature are enterprising and leading in all the fields of the country, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said on Saturday.
"You look at all the top industry of India. Majority of them are Punjabis. You look at all the film stars of India, majority of them are Punjabis. Punjabis by nature are enterprising. The Prime Minister of India is a Punjabi.... But he failed this time," Badal said.
His remarks came a day after the Prime Minister strongly rejected the criticism that his leadership was "weak" and asserted that history will be more kind to him than the Opposition and contemporary media as he did the best in the given political circumstances.
The Deputy Chief Minister was speaking at a programme organised here to announce the Punjab Technical University (PTU) signing an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with University of California, Santa Cruz for setting up an Institute of Excellence at Chandigarh.
Badal also attacked Manmohan Singh-headed government at the Centre for delaying investment project clearances, claiming "states can take faster initiatives than Government of India."
"In government of India, the decision making is much slower. States take decision the fastest," the SAD leader said.
Inviting University of California for setting up its Campus in New Chandigarh Education City coming up in the 2,000 hectares of land in his state, the Deputy Chief Minister assured fastest clearance processes and latest infrastructure to them at the state`s cost.
"You don`t want to put in money. The money will be provided by Punjab government. Any aspects, foreign institutes do not have to do anything. Our state will handle every aspect of permissions, sanctions and everything including fastest clearances including land....
"So our state is ready. We have North India`s most talent available," Badal told George R Blumenthal, Chancellor of UCSC, who was present.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'