Despite chaos, IGI`s T3 tops in survey
New Delhi: Despite the recent confusion and chaos due to delays in flights and baggage clearance, the plush new Terminal 3 (T3) of the IGI Airport here has been judged as the best airport in the country, according to a new survey.
Air travellers have also voted Kingfisher Airlines as the best Indian carrier and Emirates as the best international airline, the `Airlines Preferences Survey` conducted by travel portal TripAdvisor has said.
The swanky T3 of IGI Airport stood ahead of Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai and Hyderabad`s Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, the survey, which was carried out in the past four weeks amongst 2,300 travellers across the country, showed.
Responses were sought about the airlines on parameters such as location coverage, in-flight comfort, airport service, on-time performance, in-flight food, cabin crew uniform and ambience.
Dubai-based Emirates emerged as the favourite airline among Indians travelling overseas with over 24 percent of the respondents electing it over Singapore Airlines which notched the second spot as 19 percent respondents chose it.
Despite its belated entry in the international arena, Jet Airways secured the third place with 12 percent of the respondents choosing the home-bred airline for international travel.
Emirates was also judged the best international airline for ground handling, in-flight services, cabin ambience, comfort, location coverage and overall experience.
Singapore Airlines was voted the best in the parameters of cabin crew, uniform and on-time performance.
In the domestic market, Jet was edged out by its close rival Kingfisher Airlines with over 32 percent respondents electing liquor baron Vijay Mallya`s airline for its quality of in-flight service, airport service, cabin ambience, in-flight entertainment and food, the survey said.
Low-cost carrier IndiGo was rated as the third best airline, while national carrier Air India topped the list of the least favoured airlines of the flyers (32 percent), followed by GoAir(12 percent), MDLR (9.48 percent), JetLite (9.28 percent), SpiceJet (8.87 percent).
IndiGo was judged the `best domestic airline for value for money` by the travellers.
In the domestic sector, a large number of people preferred travelling by low cost carriers (51.13 percent) while the rest favoured their full-service counterparts.
"Seeing the positive response to this survey, TripAdvisor plans to make it an annual affair, keeping the same format," Sharat Dhall, MD of Tripadvisor India, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room