Details of Pak-based LeT man sought from CBI Interpol: Police
New Delhi: Delhi Police has told a local court that it has sought from CBI`s Interpol wing details of telephonic conversations between Pakistan-based LeT operative Javed Baluchi and his suspected associates arrested for their alleged roles in planning a major terror strike here.
The special cell of Delhi Police informed the court while seeking 20 days time to conclude its investigation in the case in which suspected LeT operatives Mohd Rashid and Mohd Shahid were arrested from Haryana`s Mewat region last December. With their arrest, police had claimed to have unearthed a terror module of LeT which was in an "advanced stage" of planning a major strike in Delhi.
"During investigation it was revealed that accused Rashid and wanted accused Abdul Subhan were in touch with LeT terrorist Javed Baluchi, based in Pakistan, through mobile phones. A request has been sent to Interpol wing of CBI to provide the CDRs (call detail records) of mobile numbers used by Javed Baluchi to contact these arrested persons," it said.
"The detail is still awaited and that may give an important lead regarding links of Javed Baluchi in India," the police said in its plea seeking extension of time to conclude its probe against Rashid and Shahid.
Additional Sessions Judge Daya Prakash allowed the plea and granted 20 days time to police to conclude its probe.
In its application, the special cell said that Subhan was still absconding and with his arrest, the "missing links" in the entire conspiracy would be established.
It claimed that Subhan was a member of LeT and was earlier involved in a case lodged by CBI in 2001 after huge quantity of arms and ammunition were recovered in Gujarat.
The police said that during the probe, Rashid had said that he had met Subhan for the first time in June-July last year and after that he had met him several times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming