Devaprasnam against evaluating temple assets
Thiruvananthapuram: The "Devaprasnam" at the
Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple here to ascertain the divine will
through astrological examination, warned against evaluation
of the assets found in the temples.
The ritual, which concluded this evening, found that
exhibiting the temple treasures was against the divine will.
The `devaprasnam` also cautioned against videography and
photography of these assets.
The priceless gold ornaments, gems, crowns and other
precious objects kept in the vaults belonged to the presiding
deity and their open display would affect their sanctity,
the panel of astrologers said here this evening.
They also found that those attempting to open the "B"
vault, which is yet to be examined, would face ominous
The Supreme court had appointed a five-member committee
of experts to evaluate the treasures found in the secret inner
chambers of the temple complex.
The committee had earlier opened five of the six cellars
while leaving the sixth one, categorised as `B` vault during
the inventory of huge treasures last month.
On questions on the outcome of the ritual, Chief Minister
Oommen Chandy, who visited the temple premises and reviewed
the security arrangements, said the government would take into
consideration the points revealed by the `devaprasnam`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations