Development ignored in UP, despite Centre giving funds: Sonia Gandhi
Rae Bareli: Blaming Samajwadi Party for lack of development in Uttar Pradesh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Tuesday said though the Centre is providing funds, the works are not being carried out by the state government.
Gandhi said the Centre`s responsibility is to send funds, but the development works have to be carried out by the state government.
"See the state of this village...It belongs to a particular community for which the state government should also take some responsibility," Gandhi told newspersons in an informal chat during her surprise visit to Binohara village in Rahi block on the second and last day of her visit to her parliamentary constituency.
Gandhi held a `janata darshan` programme at the Bhueymau guest house in the morning where she met about 1,500 people and 39 delegations some of whom apprised her of their problems and others thanked her for her help.
In the afternoon, she carried out surprise visit of several villages including Sadva, Maneharu, Binohara, Nakpulha among others and took stock of the works being carried out and interacted with the locals.
During the visit, she also inspected the work of 17 kms long ring road around Rae Bareli being constructed by NHAI, ongoing construction work of AIIMS, community health centre at Qila Bazar locality, Spice Park and RO water plant in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre