Development ignored in UP, despite Centre giving funds: Sonia Gandhi
Rae Bareli: Blaming Samajwadi Party for lack of development in Uttar Pradesh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Tuesday said though the Centre is providing funds, the works are not being carried out by the state government.
Gandhi said the Centre`s responsibility is to send funds, but the development works have to be carried out by the state government.
"See the state of this village...It belongs to a particular community for which the state government should also take some responsibility," Gandhi told newspersons in an informal chat during her surprise visit to Binohara village in Rahi block on the second and last day of her visit to her parliamentary constituency.
Gandhi held a `janata darshan` programme at the Bhueymau guest house in the morning where she met about 1,500 people and 39 delegations some of whom apprised her of their problems and others thanked her for her help.
In the afternoon, she carried out surprise visit of several villages including Sadva, Maneharu, Binohara, Nakpulha among others and took stock of the works being carried out and interacted with the locals.
During the visit, she also inspected the work of 17 kms long ring road around Rae Bareli being constructed by NHAI, ongoing construction work of AIIMS, community health centre at Qila Bazar locality, Spice Park and RO water plant in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra Show to focus on building new enterprise
- Space X Dragon successfully splashes down in Pacific Ocean with crucial NASA research samples
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured