Development should reach the poor: PM
New Delhi: The United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government will always try to ensure that economic development reaches the poorer and weaker sections of society, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said here on Tuesday.
"We want an economic development which is equitable," Manmohan Singh said at a meeting of the All India Congress Committee here.
The Congress-led UPA government had in the last six and a half years always looked after the welfare of the "aam aadmi (ordinary people)", he said.
He praised Congress president Sonia Gandhi for her "dynamic" leadership. "Sonia Gandhi has given a new direction to the Congress in the last 12 years," said Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`