Development should reach the poor: PM
New Delhi: The United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government will always try to ensure that economic development reaches the poorer and weaker sections of society, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said here on Tuesday.
"We want an economic development which is equitable," Manmohan Singh said at a meeting of the All India Congress Committee here.
The Congress-led UPA government had in the last six and a half years always looked after the welfare of the "aam aadmi (ordinary people)", he said.
He praised Congress president Sonia Gandhi for her "dynamic" leadership. "Sonia Gandhi has given a new direction to the Congress in the last 12 years," said Singh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed