Developments in BJP `closed chapter`: Yashwant Sinha
Kochi: Brushing aside as "a closed chapter" the developments in the party following elevation of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha on Wednesday said it would not affect the prospects of the party in elections.
"It is a closed chapter. We are ready to face the election", he told reporters when asked about the resignation of a miffed L K Advani from three party posts and its subsequent withdrawal over elevation of Modi as BJP`s Campaign Committee chief.
He added the prospects of BJP would not take a hit due to the developments.
"The future of BJP is bright", Sinha claimed and added "we will face the election with courage and determination".
He said he had not spoken to Advani when he was asked about the BJP senior leader being unhappy about Modi being virtually projected as Prime ministerial candidate. "We imagine a lot of things. I have not spoken to Advaniji. So, I do not know."
BJP President Rajnath singh has already said that all the concerns raised by Advaniji would be addressed, he pointed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair