Developments in BJP `closed chapter`: Yashwant Sinha
Kochi: Brushing aside as "a closed chapter" the developments in the party following elevation of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha on Wednesday said it would not affect the prospects of the party in elections.
"It is a closed chapter. We are ready to face the election", he told reporters when asked about the resignation of a miffed L K Advani from three party posts and its subsequent withdrawal over elevation of Modi as BJP`s Campaign Committee chief.
He added the prospects of BJP would not take a hit due to the developments.
"The future of BJP is bright", Sinha claimed and added "we will face the election with courage and determination".
He said he had not spoken to Advani when he was asked about the BJP senior leader being unhappy about Modi being virtually projected as Prime ministerial candidate. "We imagine a lot of things. I have not spoken to Advaniji. So, I do not know."
BJP President Rajnath singh has already said that all the concerns raised by Advaniji would be addressed, he pointed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed