‘Developments related to Prez polls like hail storm`
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday likened the developments relating to the Presidential poll in Delhi to a "hail storm".
Comparing the recent developments in Delhi with the weather in Kashmir, Omar said "that was one hell of a hail storm to hit Srinagar just now. The figurative storm rages in Delhi and real one hits us here, lightning and all", Omar tweeted.
The chief minister expressed his keenness on knowing about the happenings in the union capital with regard to the Presidential election slated to be held on July 19.
"What I would give to be a fly on the wall in the corridors of power in Delhi these days!" he wrote.
The Presidential race took a dramatic twist yesterday with the Congress declaring Pranab Mukherjee as their preferred choice but two key allies, TMC and SP, came out with a surprise response by suggesting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s name.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!