‘Developments related to Prez polls like hail storm`
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday likened the developments relating to the Presidential poll in Delhi to a "hail storm".
Comparing the recent developments in Delhi with the weather in Kashmir, Omar said "that was one hell of a hail storm to hit Srinagar just now. The figurative storm rages in Delhi and real one hits us here, lightning and all", Omar tweeted.
The chief minister expressed his keenness on knowing about the happenings in the union capital with regard to the Presidential election slated to be held on July 19.
"What I would give to be a fly on the wall in the corridors of power in Delhi these days!" he wrote.
The Presidential race took a dramatic twist yesterday with the Congress declaring Pranab Mukherjee as their preferred choice but two key allies, TMC and SP, came out with a surprise response by suggesting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s name.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India