‘Developments related to Prez polls like hail storm`
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday likened the developments relating to the Presidential poll in Delhi to a "hail storm".
Comparing the recent developments in Delhi with the weather in Kashmir, Omar said "that was one hell of a hail storm to hit Srinagar just now. The figurative storm rages in Delhi and real one hits us here, lightning and all", Omar tweeted.
The chief minister expressed his keenness on knowing about the happenings in the union capital with regard to the Presidential election slated to be held on July 19.
"What I would give to be a fly on the wall in the corridors of power in Delhi these days!" he wrote.
The Presidential race took a dramatic twist yesterday with the Congress declaring Pranab Mukherjee as their preferred choice but two key allies, TMC and SP, came out with a surprise response by suggesting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s name.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert