Devinderpal Singh Bhullar`s wife moves SC for stay on his execution
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The wife of Devinderpal Singh Bhullar on Tuesday moved the Supreme Court seeking stay on the execution of the 1993 Delhi bomb blast convict`s death sentence.
Senior counsel Ram Jethmalani mentioned the matter before a three-judge bench presided over by Chief Justice of India (CJI) Altamas Kabir. But, the apex court, however, declined to pass any order.
Jethmalani told the SC that preparations were being made to hang Bhullar like Mumbai attack terrorist Ajmal Kasab and Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
Navneet Kaur has contended that the rejection of her husband`s mercy petition after an inordinate delay was based on "non-application of mind, non-consideration of relevant circumstances and presumably made on extraneous grounds and/or irrelevant facts".
The Supreme Court had last month rejected a petition by Bhullar seeking that his death sentence be commuted to life imprisonment as his mercy plea had not been decided by the President for a long time.
Bhullar had filed a mercy petition on January 14, 2003, which was rejected by the President on May 25, 2011.
Bhullar was given capital punishment for the September 10, 1993, blast at the Indian Youth Congress (IYC) office in Delhi that left nine people dead and 17 others injured.
The attack targeted the then IYC president MS Bitta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das