Devotee crushed to death by temple car, 3 injured
Veppanthattai: A devotee was crushed to death and three others were injured by the temple car of Sri Muthumariamman temple which capsized before reaching its base at Pathangi in Perambalur district.
Police said the car capsized yesterday after running over a wooden block kept near the base to steer it after which the four wheels of the car came loose.
The injured have been hospitalised, they said.
The temple car was later set right and the idol taken to the temple for performing various poojas to propitiate the deity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch