Devotee crushed to death by temple car, 3 injured
Veppanthattai: A devotee was crushed to death and three others were injured by the temple car of Sri Muthumariamman temple which capsized before reaching its base at Pathangi in Perambalur district.
Police said the car capsized yesterday after running over a wooden block kept near the base to steer it after which the four wheels of the car came loose.
The injured have been hospitalised, they said.
The temple car was later set right and the idol taken to the temple for performing various poojas to propitiate the deity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued