Devotee crushed to death by temple car, 3 injured
Veppanthattai: A devotee was crushed to death and three others were injured by the temple car of Sri Muthumariamman temple which capsized before reaching its base at Pathangi in Perambalur district.
Police said the car capsized yesterday after running over a wooden block kept near the base to steer it after which the four wheels of the car came loose.
The injured have been hospitalised, they said.
The temple car was later set right and the idol taken to the temple for performing various poojas to propitiate the deity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'