Devotees continue prayers for Saibaba`s recovery
Puttaparthi (AP): Devotees on Wednesday
continued their prayers for the speedy recovery of Satya Saibaba who has been undergoing treatment for problems related
to lung and kidney-functioning here.
"We pray for his speedy recovery. We believe this is
only temporary and baba will give us darshan soon," Ursula, a
devotee from Germany said.
This was the refrain of all in the town - from
foreigners to local residents - that Satya Saibaba should get
"We will be happy and prosperous only if swami is
well," said Chennamma, a roadside vendor on the Prashanti
"It is really unfortunate that this situation
prevailed. We pray for his recovery," Dileep Kumar Parida, a
devotee from Bhubaneswar said.
"We have come here for the treatment of our relative
in the super-speciality hospital. We like this place very
much. I only pray that Baba recovers fast so that his good
service continues," said Pyara Singh from Amritsar.
The Satya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences,
the super-speciality hospital where Saibaba is also undergoing
treatment, offers free treatment to patients.
"We are sure he will get well and give us darshan
soon," said Dolly and Rashree, Indian-origin devotees from
Meanwhile, the town, which wore a deserted look
yesterday, witnessed some activity as some shops were opened.
A steady stream of devotees was witnessed to the
Prashanti Nilayam complex where Satya Saibaba usually gives
However, the police restrictions continued on the
movement of vehicles and gathering of people.
The restrictions were imposed as a group of people
allegedly tried to attack the car of a senior government
official two days ago.
Some devotees expressed anger over the heavy presence
of policemen in the town.
"What are these policemen doing here? This is an abode
of peace. There is no problem here," said Sai Ganesh, a
devotee from South Africa.
Shops were closed voluntarily by the shopkeepers out
of their love and respect for Saibaba and the section.
144 of CrPC was imposed as a precautionary measure, a
police official explained.
According to a health bulletin issued by the doctors
this morning, the condition of Satya Saibaba was improving
though he continued to be on dialysis for kidney functioning
and on ventilator for assisting his respiration.
85-year-old Saibaba was admitted to the hospital on
March 28 following problems related to lungs, chest and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof