Devotional songs, slogans echo at Ramlila ground
New Delhi: Devotional songs and anti-corruption slogans reverberated in Ramlila ground as social activist Anna Hazare`s fast entered its fifth day Saturday.
Even as the Gandhian was not on stage by 9 a.m., his supporters began the day by forming groups and singing songs. While many were still sleeping, volunteers began distributing water, tea and biscuits.
Early morning walkers and school students were among the first visitors at the protest site, while Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) workers were busy cleaning the garbage dump left by the supporters who came Friday.
As rains are expected later in the day, it would be another busy day for the MCD after heavy downpour left the ground and corporation staff in a sticky situation Friday.
However, the ground was in a comparatively better shape Saturday with workers continuously moving out the mud.
Hazare began his fast Tuesday when he was taken to Tihar Jail and released the same day -- but he refused to move out. He came out of the jail Friday and continued his fast at the Ramlila ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!