Devotional songs, slogans echo at Ramlila ground
New Delhi: Devotional songs and anti-corruption slogans reverberated in Ramlila ground as social activist Anna Hazare`s fast entered its fifth day Saturday.
Even as the Gandhian was not on stage by 9 a.m., his supporters began the day by forming groups and singing songs. While many were still sleeping, volunteers began distributing water, tea and biscuits.
Early morning walkers and school students were among the first visitors at the protest site, while Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) workers were busy cleaning the garbage dump left by the supporters who came Friday.
As rains are expected later in the day, it would be another busy day for the MCD after heavy downpour left the ground and corporation staff in a sticky situation Friday.
However, the ground was in a comparatively better shape Saturday with workers continuously moving out the mud.
Hazare began his fast Tuesday when he was taken to Tihar Jail and released the same day -- but he refused to move out. He came out of the jail Friday and continued his fast at the Ramlila ground.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know