Dey murder: Gun supplier nabbed from Uttarakhand
Kathgodam, Uttarakhand: In a big breakthrough in the J Dey murder probe, the Mumbai Police in a joint operation with Nanital Police, Tuesday, arrested the man who supplied the gun to Dey’s killer Satish Kalia.
Deepak Sisodiya, who is said to be a member of the Chota Rajan gang, was nabbed from the Kheda area here. He has confessed to have supplied a gun and 25 cartridges to Kalia for killing Dey.
Sisodiya said that Kalia had come to Kathgodam on May 12 and stayed there for three days. Another gang member Nain Singh smuggled in the revolver from Nepal which was then given to Kalia.
Rohee Thangappan Joseph alias Satish Kalya (34) and his associates Abhijeet Shinde (28), Arun Dake (27), Sachin Gaikwad (27), Anil Waghmode (35), Nilesh Shendge (34) and Mangesh Agawane (25) are in custody in connection with Dey`s murder.
J Dey (56), working with the city-based English tabloid Mid Day, was shot dead by four motorcycle-borne assailants in suburban Powai in Mumbai on June 11.
Police claimed the journalist was eliminated at the behest of Rajan, who paid Rs five lakh to the accused. However, they said the motive behind the killing was not yet clear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing