DF wholly supports Thackeray's prosecution: Deshmukh
Deshmukh, emerging out of a meeting of the DF's
co-ordination committee, told reporters that the constituents
of the coalition had extended their support to Thackeray's
prosecution and there were no differences of opinion over the issue.
The co-ordination committee had demanded information on the burden which would be imposed on consumers as a result of the green signal given to Phase-II of Enron's Dabhol power project, the chief minister said.
The information asked for would be tabled in the next
meeting of the committee, Deshmukh said.
"The committee on Tuesday reviewed the progress of the
51-point common minimum programme prepared by the DF," he said.
It also deliberated on the drought situation in western
Maharashtra and Marathwada, the issue of "mahar vatan lands" and the vexed boundary dispute between Maharashtra and Karnataka.
Those who attended the meeting included Deputy Chief
Minister Chhagan Bhujbal, MPCC Chief Govindrao ADIK, NCP state unit chief Babanrao Pachpute and RPI's Sumant Gaikwad.
Report : Zeenext Bureau
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?