DF wholly supports Thackeray's prosecution: Deshmukh
Deshmukh, emerging out of a meeting of the DF's
co-ordination committee, told reporters that the constituents
of the coalition had extended their support to Thackeray's
prosecution and there were no differences of opinion over the issue.
The co-ordination committee had demanded information on the burden which would be imposed on consumers as a result of the green signal given to Phase-II of Enron's Dabhol power project, the chief minister said.
The information asked for would be tabled in the next
meeting of the committee, Deshmukh said.
"The committee on Tuesday reviewed the progress of the
51-point common minimum programme prepared by the DF," he said.
It also deliberated on the drought situation in western
Maharashtra and Marathwada, the issue of "mahar vatan lands" and the vexed boundary dispute between Maharashtra and Karnataka.
Those who attended the meeting included Deputy Chief
Minister Chhagan Bhujbal, MPCC Chief Govindrao ADIK, NCP state unit chief Babanrao Pachpute and RPI's Sumant Gaikwad.
Report : Zeenext Bureau
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?