DF wholly supports Thackeray's prosecution: Deshmukh
Deshmukh, emerging out of a meeting of the DF's
co-ordination committee, told reporters that the constituents
of the coalition had extended their support to Thackeray's
prosecution and there were no differences of opinion over the issue.
The co-ordination committee had demanded information on the burden which would be imposed on consumers as a result of the green signal given to Phase-II of Enron's Dabhol power project, the chief minister said.
The information asked for would be tabled in the next
meeting of the committee, Deshmukh said.
"The committee on Tuesday reviewed the progress of the
51-point common minimum programme prepared by the DF," he said.
It also deliberated on the drought situation in western
Maharashtra and Marathwada, the issue of "mahar vatan lands" and the vexed boundary dispute between Maharashtra and Karnataka.
Those who attended the meeting included Deputy Chief
Minister Chhagan Bhujbal, MPCC Chief Govindrao ADIK, NCP state unit chief Babanrao Pachpute and RPI's Sumant Gaikwad.
Report : Zeenext Bureau
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug