DGCA discusses safety issues with Pawan Hans
New Delhi: With the helicopter carrying
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu still missing,
aviation regulator DGCA on Monday held a meeting with officials of
Pawan Hans Helicopters Limited to review safety issues,
especially in the northeast.
"We held a meeting today with the Pawan Hans officials
and discussed safety issues, especially in the northeast,"
DGCA chief E K Bharat Bhushan said here.
He did not elaborate while replying to a question
whether there was any violation of Standard Operating
Procedures (SOPs) by the state-run helicopter firm in its
operations in the northeastern states.
Civil Aviation Minister Vayalar Ravi said a "vigorous
search" was being carried out in the area but there was no
information so far on the whereabouts of the missing Pawan
He said the DGCA has decided to carry out inspection
of about 15 helipads in the northeast.
Pawan Hans had yesterday announced suspension of its
commercial operations in the region, saying all its
helicopters and resources based there were being deployed for
search and rescue operations.
The four-seater single-engine Pawan Hans helicopter
AS-B350-B-3 chopper, with five persons including the chief
minister on board, went missing on Saturday, 20 minutes after
taking off from Tawang at 9.56 AM.
Meanwhile, the search operations to locate the missing
chopper is now being confined to a 66-sq km area in West
Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh where satellite images
have shown metallic objects. The area is heavily forested and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset