DGCA to inquire into ATC glitch during Prez aircraft take off
New Delhi: Civil aviation authorities would inquire into the incident in which an ATC monitor suffered technical glitches soon after President Pratibha Patil`s aircraft took off from the Kolkata Airport.
The Civil Aviation Ministry today said the aircraft carrying the President never lost contact with the air traffic control while flying to Aizawl and was put on an alternate
radio frequency immediately after the ATC monitor suffered the glitch yesterday.
The DGCA would inquire how the monitor of the Area Western Radar went blank for over three minutes soon after the aircraft took off from the Kolkata airport yesterday morning, a ministry spokesperson said here.
"The President`s aircraft was never out of ATC contact. While one display monitor had developed glitches, the plane was immediately put on another monitor with a separate
frequency. In three minutes, the first one was also repaired," she said.
Her statement came in wake of reports that the presidential plane had lost contact with the ATC while flying from Kolkata to Aizawl.
After the incident, Kolkata airport sources had said that the ATC had remained in touch with the plane`s crew members through radio signals.
The flight, which was over the Bagdogra airspace ten minutes after take-off, was put on a monitor in the Area Eastern Radar after the western radar suffered a malfunction.
The snag was corrected within three minutes by the engineers, the sources said. The President and her entourage reached the Mizoram capital safely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow