DGCA to inquire into ATC glitch during Prez aircraft take off
New Delhi: Civil aviation authorities would inquire into the incident in which an ATC monitor suffered technical glitches soon after President Pratibha Patil`s aircraft took off from the Kolkata Airport.
The Civil Aviation Ministry today said the aircraft carrying the President never lost contact with the air traffic control while flying to Aizawl and was put on an alternate
radio frequency immediately after the ATC monitor suffered the glitch yesterday.
The DGCA would inquire how the monitor of the Area Western Radar went blank for over three minutes soon after the aircraft took off from the Kolkata airport yesterday morning, a ministry spokesperson said here.
"The President`s aircraft was never out of ATC contact. While one display monitor had developed glitches, the plane was immediately put on another monitor with a separate
frequency. In three minutes, the first one was also repaired," she said.
Her statement came in wake of reports that the presidential plane had lost contact with the ATC while flying from Kolkata to Aizawl.
After the incident, Kolkata airport sources had said that the ATC had remained in touch with the plane`s crew members through radio signals.
The flight, which was over the Bagdogra airspace ten minutes after take-off, was put on a monitor in the Area Eastern Radar after the western radar suffered a malfunction.
The snag was corrected within three minutes by the engineers, the sources said. The President and her entourage reached the Mizoram capital safely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read