DGCA yet to give flight data recorder of YSR`s chopper to CBI
New Delhi: The Directorate General of Civil Aviation is yet to hand over to CBI the Flight Data Recorder of the helicopter in which former chief minister of Andhra Pradesh YS Rajasekhara Reddy was travelling before meeting a fatal crash last month.
The agency which started the probe in the accident about a month back had written to the DGCA seeking the recorder which could reveal the technical issues leading to the crash.
Official sources said despite the request being made about a fortnight ago, the DGCA has not provided the recorder to the agency which has slowed down progress in the matter.
After taking over the probe in the matter, a CBI team has visited the crash site in Nallamalla forests where Reddy`s chopper crashed and checked the log details of the Air Traffic Control in Hyderabad and Chennai.
The state government has also formed a two-member expert committee comprising retired IPS officer and VIP Security expert MR Reddy and former DGCA HS Khola to investigate the incident from all angles and submit its report in 60 days.
Chief Minister K Rosaiah had spoken to Union Home Minister P Chidambaram and requested that a probe by the CBI be ordered into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced