DGCA yet to give flight data recorder of YSR`s chopper to CBI
New Delhi: The Directorate General of Civil Aviation is yet to hand over to CBI the Flight Data Recorder of the helicopter in which former chief minister of Andhra Pradesh YS Rajasekhara Reddy was travelling before meeting a fatal crash last month.
The agency which started the probe in the accident about a month back had written to the DGCA seeking the recorder which could reveal the technical issues leading to the crash.
Official sources said despite the request being made about a fortnight ago, the DGCA has not provided the recorder to the agency which has slowed down progress in the matter.
After taking over the probe in the matter, a CBI team has visited the crash site in Nallamalla forests where Reddy`s chopper crashed and checked the log details of the Air Traffic Control in Hyderabad and Chennai.
The state government has also formed a two-member expert committee comprising retired IPS officer and VIP Security expert MR Reddy and former DGCA HS Khola to investigate the incident from all angles and submit its report in 60 days.
Chief Minister K Rosaiah had spoken to Union Home Minister P Chidambaram and requested that a probe by the CBI be ordered into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset