DGHS signs MoU with IGNOU for programme in dialysis medicine
New Delhi: Keeping in mind the growing
requirement of doctors trained in handling dialysis, the
Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) has joined hands
with IGNOU to offer a post-doctoral certificate programme in
dialysis medicine from July this year.
The year-long programme will be offered through the
distance learning mode, including six months of skill
development training, at nephrology departments in 10 medical
centres across the country, IGNOU`s pro vice chancellor D
K Chaudhury said after signing an MoU with DGHS today.
Director General of DGHS Dr R K Srivastava said they
plan to train 250 doctors in the coming two years after the
launch of the programme.
He said the programme will be helpful in addressing the
need for more professionals in handling dialysis and as
patients in requirement of dialysis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda