DGHS signs MoU with IGNOU for programme in dialysis medicine
New Delhi: Keeping in mind the growing
requirement of doctors trained in handling dialysis, the
Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) has joined hands
with IGNOU to offer a post-doctoral certificate programme in
dialysis medicine from July this year.
The year-long programme will be offered through the
distance learning mode, including six months of skill
development training, at nephrology departments in 10 medical
centres across the country, IGNOU`s pro vice chancellor D
K Chaudhury said after signing an MoU with DGHS today.
Director General of DGHS Dr R K Srivastava said they
plan to train 250 doctors in the coming two years after the
launch of the programme.
He said the programme will be helpful in addressing the
need for more professionals in handling dialysis and as
patients in requirement of dialysis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anurag Thakur unanimously elected as BCCI President
- UP: Boy without hands from Mainpuri secured 71.8% marks in 10th Board Exams
- Varanasi boy develops WhatsApp electrcial commanding device to control electronic device
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Weak oil prices may hit remittances from Gulf nations: Crisil
- India Inc's investment-grade credit ratings hit record high
- Ravichandran Ashwin retains No.2 spot in Test bowlers ranking
- Domestic passenger traffic to cross 100 million by year-end: DGCA
- Assam CM-designate Sarbananda Sonowal thanks PM Narendra Modi on being elected as BJP legislature leader