DGHS signs MoU with IGNOU for programme in dialysis medicine
New Delhi: Keeping in mind the growing
requirement of doctors trained in handling dialysis, the
Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) has joined hands
with IGNOU to offer a post-doctoral certificate programme in
dialysis medicine from July this year.
The year-long programme will be offered through the
distance learning mode, including six months of skill
development training, at nephrology departments in 10 medical
centres across the country, IGNOU`s pro vice chancellor D
K Chaudhury said after signing an MoU with DGHS today.
Director General of DGHS Dr R K Srivastava said they
plan to train 250 doctors in the coming two years after the
launch of the programme.
He said the programme will be helpful in addressing the
need for more professionals in handling dialysis and as
patients in requirement of dialysis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video