DGHS signs MoU with IGNOU for programme in dialysis medicine
New Delhi: Keeping in mind the growing
requirement of doctors trained in handling dialysis, the
Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) has joined hands
with IGNOU to offer a post-doctoral certificate programme in
dialysis medicine from July this year.
The year-long programme will be offered through the
distance learning mode, including six months of skill
development training, at nephrology departments in 10 medical
centres across the country, IGNOU`s pro vice chancellor D
K Chaudhury said after signing an MoU with DGHS today.
Director General of DGHS Dr R K Srivastava said they
plan to train 250 doctors in the coming two years after the
launch of the programme.
He said the programme will be helpful in addressing the
need for more professionals in handling dialysis and as
patients in requirement of dialysis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter