DGHS signs MoU with IGNOU for programme in dialysis medicine
New Delhi: Keeping in mind the growing
requirement of doctors trained in handling dialysis, the
Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) has joined hands
with IGNOU to offer a post-doctoral certificate programme in
dialysis medicine from July this year.
The year-long programme will be offered through the
distance learning mode, including six months of skill
development training, at nephrology departments in 10 medical
centres across the country, IGNOU`s pro vice chancellor D
K Chaudhury said after signing an MoU with DGHS today.
Director General of DGHS Dr R K Srivastava said they
plan to train 250 doctors in the coming two years after the
launch of the programme.
He said the programme will be helpful in addressing the
need for more professionals in handling dialysis and as
patients in requirement of dialysis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars