DGMO speaks to Pak counterpart on cross-LoC attack
New Delhi: India`s Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) Wednesday spoke to his Pakistani counterpart to complain about the attack by their troops after crossing the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir in which two Indian soldiers were killed.
Lt Gen Vinod Bhatia talked to Maj Gen Ashfaq Nadeem on the hotline during which the Pakistani General denied that his troops had killed two Indian soldiers after violating the ceasefire at the Line of Control (LoC) in the Poonch sector yesterday, Army sources said here.
The sources said the 29 Baloch regiment were responsible for the attack in which the bodies of the two Indian soldiers who were killed were subjected to "barbaric and inhuman mutilation". Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh hailed from Sidhi in Madhya Pradesh while Lance Naik Hemraj was from Mathura in Uttar Pradesh.
Pakistani regular soldiers crossed into Indian territory at Mendher area and ambushed an Indian patrol killing two soldiers, one of whom was decapitated.
Army`s Additional Director General (Public Information) Major General S L Narasimhan yesterday confirmed that one of the two bodies was mutilated.
Other sources said the heads of both the Indian soldiers have been chopped off and one was taken away by Pakistani intruders.
The attack took place along the LoC when Pakistani troops came about 100 metres into the Indian territory and assaulted the patrol party, a military official said.
Besides killing the two Indian soldiers, the Pakistani personnel also injured two other soldiers and took away their weapons and other belongings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?