DGMO speaks to Pak counterpart on cross-LoC attack
New Delhi: India`s Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) Wednesday spoke to his Pakistani counterpart to complain about the attack by their troops after crossing the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir in which two Indian soldiers were killed.
Lt Gen Vinod Bhatia talked to Maj Gen Ashfaq Nadeem on the hotline during which the Pakistani General denied that his troops had killed two Indian soldiers after violating the ceasefire at the Line of Control (LoC) in the Poonch sector yesterday, Army sources said here.
The sources said the 29 Baloch regiment were responsible for the attack in which the bodies of the two Indian soldiers who were killed were subjected to "barbaric and inhuman mutilation". Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh hailed from Sidhi in Madhya Pradesh while Lance Naik Hemraj was from Mathura in Uttar Pradesh.
Pakistani regular soldiers crossed into Indian territory at Mendher area and ambushed an Indian patrol killing two soldiers, one of whom was decapitated.
Army`s Additional Director General (Public Information) Major General S L Narasimhan yesterday confirmed that one of the two bodies was mutilated.
Other sources said the heads of both the Indian soldiers have been chopped off and one was taken away by Pakistani intruders.
The attack took place along the LoC when Pakistani troops came about 100 metres into the Indian territory and assaulted the patrol party, a military official said.
Besides killing the two Indian soldiers, the Pakistani personnel also injured two other soldiers and took away their weapons and other belongings.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know