DGMO speaks to Pak counterpart on cross-LoC attack
New Delhi: India`s Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) Wednesday spoke to his Pakistani counterpart to complain about the attack by their troops after crossing the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir in which two Indian soldiers were killed.
Lt Gen Vinod Bhatia talked to Maj Gen Ashfaq Nadeem on the hotline during which the Pakistani General denied that his troops had killed two Indian soldiers after violating the ceasefire at the Line of Control (LoC) in the Poonch sector yesterday, Army sources said here.
The sources said the 29 Baloch regiment were responsible for the attack in which the bodies of the two Indian soldiers who were killed were subjected to "barbaric and inhuman mutilation". Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh hailed from Sidhi in Madhya Pradesh while Lance Naik Hemraj was from Mathura in Uttar Pradesh.
Pakistani regular soldiers crossed into Indian territory at Mendher area and ambushed an Indian patrol killing two soldiers, one of whom was decapitated.
Army`s Additional Director General (Public Information) Major General S L Narasimhan yesterday confirmed that one of the two bodies was mutilated.
Other sources said the heads of both the Indian soldiers have been chopped off and one was taken away by Pakistani intruders.
The attack took place along the LoC when Pakistani troops came about 100 metres into the Indian territory and assaulted the patrol party, a military official said.
Besides killing the two Indian soldiers, the Pakistani personnel also injured two other soldiers and took away their weapons and other belongings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Didn't have any confidence before 'Kick': Jacqueline Fernandez
- Oil Tankers Association calls off strike in Jammu ?
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth
- 'Mohenjo Daro' collections: Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde's period drama rakes in Rs 55 cr so far!
- Japan protests to Russia over man detained on disputed island