Dhoni`s brother to contest Ranchi Lok Sabha seat
Dhanbad (Jharkhand): Narendra Singh Dhoni, the elder brother of Team India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, will contest from the Ranchi Lok Sabha seat on a Samajwadi Party ticket in the 2014 general elections.
"The SP`s Central Committee has announced Narendra Singh Dhoni`s candidature from the Ranchi LS seat," the party`s Jharkhand affairs in-charge and ex-MLC in the Uttar Pradesh bicameral, Kashinath Yadav, told a press conference in Dhanbad on Wednesday.
Narendra Singh Dhoni, who recently joined the SP in Lucknow and was present here, said he had taken his family`s consent before joining the party.
"Soon after joining the BJP in 2009, I left because the party did not know how to respect its workers. The SP respects both its leaders and workers," claimed the elder Dhoni, who had also said that he had taken consent from his family ahead joining the BJP before the 2009 Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress