Dial 1965 for poll related complaints
New Delhi: Dial 1965 if you have a poll
related complaint in the five election going states, the
Election Commission announced on Tuesday.
The toll free number will act as a complaint redressal
mechanism in each state which will also have a website for the
purpose, Chief Election Commissioner SY Quraishi told
reporters announcing the schedule for West Bengal, Tamil Nadu,
Kerala, Assam and Puducherry.
He said in each state the number of the call centre
will be 1965.
The details regarding the complaint registration
website will be announced for each state by the Chief
Electoral Officers, he said.
Complaints can be registered by making toll free call
centre numbers or on the website and action will be taken
within the time limit on all complaints, the CEC said.
Among other innovative practices being undertaken
include GIS mapping in elections management, on-line payment
to polling staff, security management and voters education and
awareness creation in different states.
A geographic information system (GIS) allows people to
view, understand, question, interpret, and visualize data in
many ways that reveal relationships, patterns, and trends in
the form of maps, globes, reports and charts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr