Dial 1965 for poll related complaints
New Delhi: Dial 1965 if you have a poll
related complaint in the five election going states, the
Election Commission announced on Tuesday.
The toll free number will act as a complaint redressal
mechanism in each state which will also have a website for the
purpose, Chief Election Commissioner SY Quraishi told
reporters announcing the schedule for West Bengal, Tamil Nadu,
Kerala, Assam and Puducherry.
He said in each state the number of the call centre
will be 1965.
The details regarding the complaint registration
website will be announced for each state by the Chief
Electoral Officers, he said.
Complaints can be registered by making toll free call
centre numbers or on the website and action will be taken
within the time limit on all complaints, the CEC said.
Among other innovative practices being undertaken
include GIS mapping in elections management, on-line payment
to polling staff, security management and voters education and
awareness creation in different states.
A geographic information system (GIS) allows people to
view, understand, question, interpret, and visualize data in
many ways that reveal relationships, patterns, and trends in
the form of maps, globes, reports and charts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday