Dial 1965 for poll related complaints
New Delhi: Dial 1965 if you have a poll
related complaint in the five election going states, the
Election Commission announced on Tuesday.
The toll free number will act as a complaint redressal
mechanism in each state which will also have a website for the
purpose, Chief Election Commissioner SY Quraishi told
reporters announcing the schedule for West Bengal, Tamil Nadu,
Kerala, Assam and Puducherry.
He said in each state the number of the call centre
will be 1965.
The details regarding the complaint registration
website will be announced for each state by the Chief
Electoral Officers, he said.
Complaints can be registered by making toll free call
centre numbers or on the website and action will be taken
within the time limit on all complaints, the CEC said.
Among other innovative practices being undertaken
include GIS mapping in elections management, on-line payment
to polling staff, security management and voters education and
awareness creation in different states.
A geographic information system (GIS) allows people to
view, understand, question, interpret, and visualize data in
many ways that reveal relationships, patterns, and trends in
the form of maps, globes, reports and charts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31