Did Maha ATS allow bombers of 13/7 to slip away?
New Delhi/Mumbai: By declaring the arrest of
Naqee Ahmed on Monday in last year`s serial blasts in Mumbai,
security agencies in the national capital feel that the
Maharashtra ATS may be attempting to cover its tracks after
the bombers involved slipped out.
Though Maharashtra ATS Chief Rakesh Maria was candid
enough in admitting "competition" within various police forces
in solving blast cases, officials at Union Home Ministry
remained baffled as the announcement of arrest of 23-year-old
Ahmed was flashed on television sets.
For the elite Special Cell of Delhi Police and special
squad of Intelligence Bureau, Ahmed was the person who
provided them with crucial leads in identifying Waqas and
Tabrez, the two bombers in the 13/7 blast that left 27 people
According to the officials, Ahmed was in Mumbai only to
help in tracking down two bombers and the highly-secretive
operation was being monitored by the top echelons of the
security establishment closely from Delhi.
Ahmed was in the megapolis with undercover sleuths to
help nab the two bombers, whom the Anti Terrorism Squad(ATS)
Chief today identified as suspect A and suspect B.
Naquee`s submissions to the ATS form a part of statement
that he had given to Delhi Police Special Cell.
In the national capital, his elder brother Taquee is
moving from pillar to post to seek help for his brother.
"He has been helping the police only. Has this been
heard before that a person is behind bars for being a informer
of another police force. I think we are a democratic country,"
Taquee said, as tears rolled down his cheeks.
In Mumbai court, Naquee`s counsel Khalid Azmi was
reportedly disallowed from meeting his client.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days