Didn’t issue ad in Bihar dailies: Gujarat govt
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat government Saturday said
it did not issue the advertisement, that appeared in Bihar
dailies bearing photos of Chief Minister Narendra Modi with
his Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar, which raised a political
storm in the NDA fold.
"We have nothing to do with the advertisement that has
appeared today. As per our knowledge the advertisement has
been issued by people from Bihar who have migrated to
Gujarat," state Health Minister and government spokesperson
Jaynarayan Vyas said today.
Kumar has taken a strong exception to the
advertisement and as a reaction also cancelled a dinner
organised for the BJP top brass tonight.
In a reply to a question on content of advertisements,
Vyas said, "As the state government has not given this
advertisements, we have nothing to say on its content."
Meanwhile, Bihar origin textile businessman from Surat
Vinod Paliwal claimed, "We are a group of six to seven
businessmen from Bihar and we have issued the advertisements
in good faith.
"We have released the advertisements in Bihar
newspapers with the simple intention of welcoming Modi, who is
visiting that state for the first time after becoming the
chief minister of Gujarat," Paliwal said.
"We also wish to clarify that there is absolutely no
motive other than showcasing the development and growth of
both the states under leaderships of both the chief
ministers," Paliwal further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015