Didn`t stay with Bachchans first time in Mumbai visit: Amar
New Delhi: Hinting that all is not well between him and the Bachchans, expelled Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh has said that for the first time during his visit
to Mumbai, he did not stay with Amitabh`s family at their bungalow last week.
"Nowadays I feel mentally relaxed. For the first time I did not stay with Amitabh Bachchan during my Mumbai visit on April 9," Singh wrote in his latest blog posting.
"Normally in the past, I used to book a hotel room during my trips to that city, but always stayed overnight with Bachchans in their house. Jayaji is not well, it was also her birthday that day (Friday). I went to their house, wished her and came back. It did not feel strange at all," he said.
Singh`s remarks came a couple of weeks after he, during a public rally, sent out a message to Jaya Bachchan, who is an SP Rajya Sabha MP, that he was missing her presence in his rallies and programmes and wanted her to join him.
"Jayaji says that she misses me in SP. I want to tell her that her brother-in-law (Amar) and Jaya Prada (another expelled SP MP) are missing her in all our programmes and
rallies," Singh had said while addressing a Kshatriya community rally on March 28 in Delhi.
Singh`s comments during the rally and his latest blog entry indicate that all is not well between him and Bachchan family, as even after his expulsion from SP Jaya continues to
remain in the party.
However, sharing the dais with Amitabh at a Pune college two days after he took a swipe at his wife for still remaining with Mulayam Singh Yadav`s party, Singh had slammed the
Bollywood star`s detractors for doubting his secular credentials after he became the brand ambassador for Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users