Diesel decontrol to lead to overall price rise: Gurudas
Kolkata: AITUC leader Gurudas Dasgupta on Thursday slammed the Centre for virtual deregulation of diesel prices and claimed it would fuel price rise.
"Government has taken this decision at a time when rupee depreciation is at an all-time high. Partial deregulation of diesel price will lead to overall price rise," Dasgupta said.
Speaking at a convention of 11 central trade unions which have called a 2-day nationwide general strike on February 21 and 22, he said, "Government wants to sell India.
"It lacks any policy to bring down inflation, poverty and unemployment problems, while allowing foreign investments to flow in. When did FDI in retail give employment to anybody in the world?" he asked.
Dasgupta said that the strike has been called as a counter-offensive against `anti-people policies` of the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Schools, colleges shut in rain-hit Karnataka district
- NT Awards 2016: Zee News wins five awards in various categories
- AAP advertising budget less than money spent on PM Modi's clothes: Arvind Kejriwal
- ''Disappointment'' over Pay Commission due to Centre's inability to rein in inflation: JD (U)
- Want to live longer? Restrict your calorie intake!