Diesel decontrol to lead to overall price rise: Gurudas
Kolkata: AITUC leader Gurudas Dasgupta on Thursday slammed the Centre for virtual deregulation of diesel prices and claimed it would fuel price rise.
"Government has taken this decision at a time when rupee depreciation is at an all-time high. Partial deregulation of diesel price will lead to overall price rise," Dasgupta said.
Speaking at a convention of 11 central trade unions which have called a 2-day nationwide general strike on February 21 and 22, he said, "Government wants to sell India.
"It lacks any policy to bring down inflation, poverty and unemployment problems, while allowing foreign investments to flow in. When did FDI in retail give employment to anybody in the world?" he asked.
Dasgupta said that the strike has been called as a counter-offensive against `anti-people policies` of the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!