Diesel decontrol to lead to overall price rise: Gurudas
Kolkata: AITUC leader Gurudas Dasgupta on Thursday slammed the Centre for virtual deregulation of diesel prices and claimed it would fuel price rise.
"Government has taken this decision at a time when rupee depreciation is at an all-time high. Partial deregulation of diesel price will lead to overall price rise," Dasgupta said.
Speaking at a convention of 11 central trade unions which have called a 2-day nationwide general strike on February 21 and 22, he said, "Government wants to sell India.
"It lacks any policy to bring down inflation, poverty and unemployment problems, while allowing foreign investments to flow in. When did FDI in retail give employment to anybody in the world?" he asked.
Dasgupta said that the strike has been called as a counter-offensive against `anti-people policies` of the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song