Diesel decontrol to lead to overall price rise: Gurudas
Kolkata: AITUC leader Gurudas Dasgupta on Thursday slammed the Centre for virtual deregulation of diesel prices and claimed it would fuel price rise.
"Government has taken this decision at a time when rupee depreciation is at an all-time high. Partial deregulation of diesel price will lead to overall price rise," Dasgupta said.
Speaking at a convention of 11 central trade unions which have called a 2-day nationwide general strike on February 21 and 22, he said, "Government wants to sell India.
"It lacks any policy to bring down inflation, poverty and unemployment problems, while allowing foreign investments to flow in. When did FDI in retail give employment to anybody in the world?" he asked.
Dasgupta said that the strike has been called as a counter-offensive against `anti-people policies` of the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi