Diesel hike: CPI-M threatens nation-wide protest
Kolkata: Condemning the abrupt hike in diesel price, Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) general secretary Prakash Karat said on Friday his party in coordination with other parties would organise a nation-wide protest to force the government to rollback the diesel price hike.
"We condemn this decision of diesel price hike and restricted availability of cooking gas cylinders per family to six per year. We strongly oppose this decision," Karat told reporters here.
The government on Thursday announced a hike in diesel price by Rs 5 a litre and restricted availability of cooking gas cylinders per family to six per year. The decisions come into effect midnight Thursday.
"We will discuss with Left parties and other like-minded parties to organise a strong nation-wide protest, so that the government rollbacks this decision," said Karat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'