Diesel hike: CPI-M threatens nation-wide protest
Kolkata: Condemning the abrupt hike in diesel price, Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) general secretary Prakash Karat said on Friday his party in coordination with other parties would organise a nation-wide protest to force the government to rollback the diesel price hike.
"We condemn this decision of diesel price hike and restricted availability of cooking gas cylinders per family to six per year. We strongly oppose this decision," Karat told reporters here.
The government on Thursday announced a hike in diesel price by Rs 5 a litre and restricted availability of cooking gas cylinders per family to six per year. The decisions come into effect midnight Thursday.
"We will discuss with Left parties and other like-minded parties to organise a strong nation-wide protest, so that the government rollbacks this decision," said Karat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read