Diesel hike: CPI-M threatens nation-wide protest
Kolkata: Condemning the abrupt hike in diesel price, Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) general secretary Prakash Karat said on Friday his party in coordination with other parties would organise a nation-wide protest to force the government to rollback the diesel price hike.
"We condemn this decision of diesel price hike and restricted availability of cooking gas cylinders per family to six per year. We strongly oppose this decision," Karat told reporters here.
The government on Thursday announced a hike in diesel price by Rs 5 a litre and restricted availability of cooking gas cylinders per family to six per year. The decisions come into effect midnight Thursday.
"We will discuss with Left parties and other like-minded parties to organise a strong nation-wide protest, so that the government rollbacks this decision," said Karat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH