Differences between me and my brother a creation of media: Stalin
Coimbatore: Tamil Nadu Deputy Chief Minister M
K Stalin today dismissed as "media creation" the reported
differences between him and his elder brother M K Alagiri over
the succession issue in the DMK.
"It is the creation of the media", Stalin, DMK`s Treasurer,
said when asked about Alagiri`s remarks that he could only
accept party President M Karunanidhi as his leader.
In continuing war of succession in the state`s ruling DMK,
Alagiri earlier in the day stuck to his stand that he would
not accept anybody other than his father as party leader.
Karunanidhi, in a bid to put an end to the succession war,
had said yesterday that only the party had the powers to name
a leader and even he could not do so.
To a question on DMK`s victory in Pennagaram by-election,
Stalin said the party had scored a century. "The people have
given the DMK 100 marks out of 100."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM