Differences between me and my brother a creation of media: Stalin
Coimbatore: Tamil Nadu Deputy Chief Minister M
K Stalin today dismissed as "media creation" the reported
differences between him and his elder brother M K Alagiri over
the succession issue in the DMK.
"It is the creation of the media", Stalin, DMK`s Treasurer,
said when asked about Alagiri`s remarks that he could only
accept party President M Karunanidhi as his leader.
In continuing war of succession in the state`s ruling DMK,
Alagiri earlier in the day stuck to his stand that he would
not accept anybody other than his father as party leader.
Karunanidhi, in a bid to put an end to the succession war,
had said yesterday that only the party had the powers to name
a leader and even he could not do so.
To a question on DMK`s victory in Pennagaram by-election,
Stalin said the party had scored a century. "The people have
given the DMK 100 marks out of 100."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site