Differences between me and my brother a creation of media: Stalin
Coimbatore: Tamil Nadu Deputy Chief Minister M
K Stalin today dismissed as "media creation" the reported
differences between him and his elder brother M K Alagiri over
the succession issue in the DMK.
"It is the creation of the media", Stalin, DMK`s Treasurer,
said when asked about Alagiri`s remarks that he could only
accept party President M Karunanidhi as his leader.
In continuing war of succession in the state`s ruling DMK,
Alagiri earlier in the day stuck to his stand that he would
not accept anybody other than his father as party leader.
Karunanidhi, in a bid to put an end to the succession war,
had said yesterday that only the party had the powers to name
a leader and even he could not do so.
To a question on DMK`s victory in Pennagaram by-election,
Stalin said the party had scored a century. "The people have
given the DMK 100 marks out of 100."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Samsung Electronics says Galaxy Note 7 demand beats supply
- Tesla unveils 100 kWh battery for Model S, Model X cars
- Oh no! After Saina Nehwal, Parupalli Kashyap leaves Pullela Gopichand's academy in Hyderabad
- Samsung, Tencent surge in race to become Asia's most valuable firm
- Kangana Ranaut turns GORGEOUS showstopper for Tarun Tahiliani at Lakme Fashion Week—Pics inside!