Differences with China can be sorted: Pranab
London: Amid China`s claims over parts of Arunachal Pradesh, India on Sunday said differences between New Delhi and Beijing over border issues can be resolved through dialogue.
"It is true that we have differences with China on border. But, we have agreed to resolve them through dialogue," Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee told reporters after G-20 meeting in Scotland.
Both Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his Chinese counterpart Wen Jiabao had agreed to maintain peace and tranquillity on borders.
On October 24, Singh and Wen met on the margins of the ASEAN Summit in Thailand amid Chinese protests over Arunachal Pradesh and reached a consensus that the two neighbours should forge a strategic partnership.
India does not visualise any conflict on border issues with China, Mukherjee said, adding the bilateral trade between the two countries is expanding fast.
"We have institutional arrangements. There is Indo- China Joint Commission. They meet regularly... any dispute could be resolved," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch