Differences with China can be sorted: Pranab
London: Amid China`s claims over parts of Arunachal Pradesh, India on Sunday said differences between New Delhi and Beijing over border issues can be resolved through dialogue.
"It is true that we have differences with China on border. But, we have agreed to resolve them through dialogue," Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee told reporters after G-20 meeting in Scotland.
Both Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his Chinese counterpart Wen Jiabao had agreed to maintain peace and tranquillity on borders.
On October 24, Singh and Wen met on the margins of the ASEAN Summit in Thailand amid Chinese protests over Arunachal Pradesh and reached a consensus that the two neighbours should forge a strategic partnership.
India does not visualise any conflict on border issues with China, Mukherjee said, adding the bilateral trade between the two countries is expanding fast.
"We have institutional arrangements. There is Indo- China Joint Commission. They meet regularly... any dispute could be resolved," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed