Different marking pattern in AIEEE
New Delhi: The All India Engineering Entrance Exam (AIEEE) on Sunday offered different marking patterns, creating some confusion among students as nearly 12 lakh candidates took the test for admission into NITs and IIITs.
The paper, to be completed in three hours, carried 90 questions for 432 marks. These questions comprised 30 each in mathematics, physics and chemistry. Each subject had 24 questions of four marks each and six questions of eight marks each.
"Last year, the questions carried either four marks or five marks each. This year, the question had four marks or eight marks each," said Sahil Upadhayaya, a student of Laxman Public School.
"Inclusion of differential marking has confused students and those who were able to allocate time properly among the different questions with different marking schemes were able to do well," said Ajay Antony, Course Director, IIT-JEE Training, at TIME institute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack