Different marking pattern in AIEEE
New Delhi: The All India Engineering Entrance Exam (AIEEE) on Sunday offered different marking patterns, creating some confusion among students as nearly 12 lakh candidates took the test for admission into NITs and IIITs.
The paper, to be completed in three hours, carried 90 questions for 432 marks. These questions comprised 30 each in mathematics, physics and chemistry. Each subject had 24 questions of four marks each and six questions of eight marks each.
"Last year, the questions carried either four marks or five marks each. This year, the question had four marks or eight marks each," said Sahil Upadhayaya, a student of Laxman Public School.
"Inclusion of differential marking has confused students and those who were able to allocate time properly among the different questions with different marking schemes were able to do well," said Ajay Antony, Course Director, IIT-JEE Training, at TIME institute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'