Difficult to stop all terrorist attacks: Rahul
Bhubaneswar: A day after serial blasts rocked Mumbai, Rahul Gandhi on Thursday said it is "very difficult" to stop every single terror attack but asserted that 99 percent of the strikes in the country have been stopped due to vigilance and intelligence efforts.
The AICC general secretary also patted the government for the manner in which it responded to the latest attack, saying the response was prompt.
"We are responding to it in a quite organised fashion," he said at a press conference on the second day of his visit to Orissa.
Rahul said though 99 percent terror strikes in the country had been prevented due to vigilance and intelligence, the aim is to achieve 100 percent result.
"We will stop 99 percent of terror attacks but one percent of attacks might get through," he said, adding," We must try to stop 100 percent of attacks. It is something we will fight and defeat."
Rahul further said, "It is very difficult to stop every single terrorist attack. The idea is that we have to fight terrorism at the local level. We have improved in leaps and bounds. But terrorism is something that it is impossible to stop all the time."
He also conveyed his condolences to all the families affected by yesterday`s explosions which has left 18 persons dead and 131 injured.
Reminded that there was no terror attack in the US after the 9/11 strike whereas India often faced the menace, Gandhi said Americans had been facing attacks in other places like Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack