Difficult to stop all terrorist attacks: Rahul
Bhubaneswar: A day after serial blasts rocked Mumbai, Rahul Gandhi on Thursday said it is "very difficult" to stop every single terror attack but asserted that 99 percent of the strikes in the country have been stopped due to vigilance and intelligence efforts.
The AICC general secretary also patted the government for the manner in which it responded to the latest attack, saying the response was prompt.
"We are responding to it in a quite organised fashion," he said at a press conference on the second day of his visit to Orissa.
Rahul said though 99 percent terror strikes in the country had been prevented due to vigilance and intelligence, the aim is to achieve 100 percent result.
"We will stop 99 percent of terror attacks but one percent of attacks might get through," he said, adding," We must try to stop 100 percent of attacks. It is something we will fight and defeat."
Rahul further said, "It is very difficult to stop every single terrorist attack. The idea is that we have to fight terrorism at the local level. We have improved in leaps and bounds. But terrorism is something that it is impossible to stop all the time."
He also conveyed his condolences to all the families affected by yesterday`s explosions which has left 18 persons dead and 131 injured.
Reminded that there was no terror attack in the US after the 9/11 strike whereas India often faced the menace, Gandhi said Americans had been facing attacks in other places like Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Rahul Gandhi must come clean on how Mahatma Gandhi's assassin was affiliated to RSS: Vaidya
- Japanese truck driver playing Pokemon Go kills pedestrian
- `No radicalisation` in Australia stabbing death: Police
- How to get MIUI 8 update on Xiaomi smartphone: Check out tutorial
- IT'S DISTURBING: Watch little Syrian girl singing before a bomb explodes