Digvijay advises Anna not to fast
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary Digvijay
Singh has advised veteran social activist Anna Hazare, who turned 74 Wednesday, to refrain from going on frequent fasts due to his old age even as he sharpened his attack on Ramdev Baba
calling him a "coward".
"If at all a fast has to be undertaken, it should be done
by younger people like Arvind Kejriwal who are part of the civil society," Singh told reporters here today.
Amid a war of words between government and civil society
members over the Lokpal Bill, both sides are scheduled to meet
in Delhi today for its drafting.
Meanwhile, furthering his attack on Ramdev, whom he
described as a "fraud", the senior Congress leader said he
would ask yoga experts to find out if the lessons taught by
Baba were correct on not.
"As per whatever I know of yoga, it was not something
which can be taught in a camp attended by thousands of people
but it has to be done on a one-to-one basis between the
teacher and the student," the party General Secretary said
Singh said all `fundamentalists` including Ramdev were
"cowards" who run away at the first sight of any incident.
He said that just as the yoga guru had worn a
kurta-pajama to escape the Delhi police, a Maulana in Pakistan
under General Musharraf`s regime had fled from police action
by wearing a `burqa`.
When asked about possible Congress performance in the
Uttar Pradesh assembly elections slated to held next year,
Singh said he hoped that the party would win around 150 seats.
He said this prediction was based on the fact that the
Congress had won more seats than the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP)
during the last Lok Sabha election from Uttar Pradesh.
On the return of Uma Bharti to BJP, Singh said it was not
surprising as there was no other place where she could have
Singh also said the BJP was never interested in really
`good sadhus` but only wanted to prop up "frauds" like Baba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden