Digvijay alleges BJP created his negative image in 2003
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh has alleged that BJP created an `anti-employees` image of him before the 2003 Assembly Elections in Madhya Pradesh which led to his party`s downfall.
"The resentment of the employees became the reason for the Congress` defeat in the 2003 Assembly Elections," Singh said, while addressing the state-level conference of the Indian National Electricity Federation here last evening.
"BJP and RSS spread false information about me in 2003 because of which the working class turned against me," Singh alleged.
The Congress leader claimed that he had always worked for the welfare of the working class.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'