Digvijay alleges BJP created his negative image in 2003
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh has alleged that BJP created an `anti-employees` image of him before the 2003 Assembly Elections in Madhya Pradesh which led to his party`s downfall.
"The resentment of the employees became the reason for the Congress` defeat in the 2003 Assembly Elections," Singh said, while addressing the state-level conference of the Indian National Electricity Federation here last evening.
"BJP and RSS spread false information about me in 2003 because of which the working class turned against me," Singh alleged.
The Congress leader claimed that he had always worked for the welfare of the working class.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India