Digvijay alleges BJP created his negative image in 2003
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh has alleged that BJP created an `anti-employees` image of him before the 2003 Assembly Elections in Madhya Pradesh which led to his party`s downfall.
"The resentment of the employees became the reason for the Congress` defeat in the 2003 Assembly Elections," Singh said, while addressing the state-level conference of the Indian National Electricity Federation here last evening.
"BJP and RSS spread false information about me in 2003 because of which the working class turned against me," Singh alleged.
The Congress leader claimed that he had always worked for the welfare of the working class.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?