Digvijay asks RSS to clear stand on Jinnah`s role in partition
Guna: Congress General Secretary,
Digvijay Singh today asked the RSS leaders to clarify whether
they consider Mohammad Ali Jinnah responsible for the
division of the country or not.
Singh was responding to a question about the recent
statement of former RSS chief K S Sudarshan that held Mahatma
Gandhi equally responsible for the partition.
"Since RSS played no role in the Independence of the
country, its leaders are giving such statements to ensure that
their name somehow got included in the freedom struggle
movement," Singh told reporters at his ancestral town
Raghogarh, about 40 km away from here.
"It was a historical fact that both Mahatma Gandhi and
Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru have tried to prevent partition of
the country, but because of Jinnah`s stubborn and hardliner
attitude the nation was divided and now the BJP is viewing
secularism in him," he said.
He asked both Sudarshan and present RSS chief, Mohan
Bhagwat to clarify whether they consider Jinnah responsible
for the partition or not.
To a question on the proposed hike in the salaries of
Member of Parliament, he said it should be done within a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kasol - Rejuvenate yourself with serenity, peace in the nature's lap
- Gurgaon waterlogging: This is how Twitterati reacted after traffic choked Gurugram
- Bridge collapses in Nepal due to flooding – watch dramatic video
- WATCH: MONSTROUS! When Brock Lesnar destroyed two opponents and a Cadillac
- Hillary Clinton's speech at Democratic presidential nomination - Watch video