Digvijay asks RSS to clear stand on Jinnah`s role in partition
Guna: Congress General Secretary,
Digvijay Singh today asked the RSS leaders to clarify whether
they consider Mohammad Ali Jinnah responsible for the
division of the country or not.
Singh was responding to a question about the recent
statement of former RSS chief K S Sudarshan that held Mahatma
Gandhi equally responsible for the partition.
"Since RSS played no role in the Independence of the
country, its leaders are giving such statements to ensure that
their name somehow got included in the freedom struggle
movement," Singh told reporters at his ancestral town
Raghogarh, about 40 km away from here.
"It was a historical fact that both Mahatma Gandhi and
Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru have tried to prevent partition of
the country, but because of Jinnah`s stubborn and hardliner
attitude the nation was divided and now the BJP is viewing
secularism in him," he said.
He asked both Sudarshan and present RSS chief, Mohan
Bhagwat to clarify whether they consider Jinnah responsible
for the partition or not.
To a question on the proposed hike in the salaries of
Member of Parliament, he said it should be done within a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA