Digvijay attacks RSS for supporting Gadkari
Bhubaneswar: Congress leader Digvijay Singh Sunday accused RSS of supporting BJP president Nitin Gadkari even as corruption charges against him were being probed.
"RSS supports Gadkari. Sangh has no policy but goes by person," Singh told reporters here alleging that Gadkari`s driver is also one of the directors in his company.
While BJP`s senior leader L K Advani was asked by the RSS to resign for praising M A Jinnah, the same Sangh had been supporting Gadkari.
He lashed out at the BJP leadership for "disrupting the proceedings of Parliament" over the issue of FDI in multi-brand retail.
"They spoilt the monsoon session of Parliament and now are trying to disrupt discussion on many important issues," Singh said.
"During both the tenures, UPA government has worked for the `Aam Admi` by enacting laws like Right to Information (RTI), Right to Education (RTE). Now it is planning a law on Right to Food," he said.
Digvijay also said in a bid to benefit people, the UPA government has planned to undertake direct cash transfer in the names of beneficiaries in different welfare schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read