Digvijay attacks RSS for supporting Gadkari
Bhubaneswar: Congress leader Digvijay Singh Sunday accused RSS of supporting BJP president Nitin Gadkari even as corruption charges against him were being probed.
"RSS supports Gadkari. Sangh has no policy but goes by person," Singh told reporters here alleging that Gadkari`s driver is also one of the directors in his company.
While BJP`s senior leader L K Advani was asked by the RSS to resign for praising M A Jinnah, the same Sangh had been supporting Gadkari.
He lashed out at the BJP leadership for "disrupting the proceedings of Parliament" over the issue of FDI in multi-brand retail.
"They spoilt the monsoon session of Parliament and now are trying to disrupt discussion on many important issues," Singh said.
"During both the tenures, UPA government has worked for the `Aam Admi` by enacting laws like Right to Information (RTI), Right to Education (RTE). Now it is planning a law on Right to Food," he said.
Digvijay also said in a bid to benefit people, the UPA government has planned to undertake direct cash transfer in the names of beneficiaries in different welfare schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal