Digvijay attacks RSS for supporting Gadkari
Bhubaneswar: Congress leader Digvijay Singh Sunday accused RSS of supporting BJP president Nitin Gadkari even as corruption charges against him were being probed.
"RSS supports Gadkari. Sangh has no policy but goes by person," Singh told reporters here alleging that Gadkari`s driver is also one of the directors in his company.
While BJP`s senior leader L K Advani was asked by the RSS to resign for praising M A Jinnah, the same Sangh had been supporting Gadkari.
He lashed out at the BJP leadership for "disrupting the proceedings of Parliament" over the issue of FDI in multi-brand retail.
"They spoilt the monsoon session of Parliament and now are trying to disrupt discussion on many important issues," Singh said.
"During both the tenures, UPA government has worked for the `Aam Admi` by enacting laws like Right to Information (RTI), Right to Education (RTE). Now it is planning a law on Right to Food," he said.
Digvijay also said in a bid to benefit people, the UPA government has planned to undertake direct cash transfer in the names of beneficiaries in different welfare schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Amar Singh threatens to quit Samajwadi Party over insult by party leaders
- Congress MLAs suspended after Gujarat Assembly ruckus over Dalits
- Javed Miandad asks Misbah-ul-Haq to call off retirement plans to ensure Pakistan's future success
- Salman Khan's sister Arpita's house robbed; cash, goods worth Rs 3.25 lakh stolen
- Severe obesity alone can increase heart failure risk