Digvijay attacks RSS for supporting Gadkari
Bhubaneswar: Congress leader Digvijay Singh Sunday accused RSS of supporting BJP president Nitin Gadkari even as corruption charges against him were being probed.
"RSS supports Gadkari. Sangh has no policy but goes by person," Singh told reporters here alleging that Gadkari`s driver is also one of the directors in his company.
While BJP`s senior leader L K Advani was asked by the RSS to resign for praising M A Jinnah, the same Sangh had been supporting Gadkari.
He lashed out at the BJP leadership for "disrupting the proceedings of Parliament" over the issue of FDI in multi-brand retail.
"They spoilt the monsoon session of Parliament and now are trying to disrupt discussion on many important issues," Singh said.
"During both the tenures, UPA government has worked for the `Aam Admi` by enacting laws like Right to Information (RTI), Right to Education (RTE). Now it is planning a law on Right to Food," he said.
Digvijay also said in a bid to benefit people, the UPA government has planned to undertake direct cash transfer in the names of beneficiaries in different welfare schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown