Digvijay demands deeper probe in Joshi murder case
New Delhi: Stepping up attack on the BJP and RSS, Congress on Saturday demanded a "deeper" probe into the killing of RSS activist Sunil Joshi, linked to Ajmer dargah blast of 2007, alleging he was murdered by his colleagues as he knew "too much" about the outfit`s activities.
AICC General Secretary Digvijay Singh accused the BJP government in Madhya Pradesh of closing the Joshi murder case without finding out the fact. The case was later investigated by the National Investigation Agency and the Rajasthan ATS.
Singh claimed all the persons arrested in connection with the murder case had at some point or other worked for RSS. "All these are swyamsevaks of RSS".
"When they (RSS) cannot forgive their own pracharak, then what will they do to others?" said Singh, who has been time and again raising the issue of Hindu terror, adding "there should be a deeper probe into it".
Singh said Joshi, who was murdered in Madhya Pradesh`s Dewas in December 2007, was linked with the Ajmer bomb blast, the Samjhauta Express blast, Mhow explosion and also in the murder of a Congress leader in the state.
He alleged Joshi used to train RSS activists in bomb- making. "Perhaps he knew too much," Singh said commenting on the reason behind the murder.
Singh, who is the AICC incharge of Uttar Pradesh, said he had demanded a CBI inquiry into the Joshi murder case but it was not done. "Madhya Pradesh government refused to find out the facts and decided to close the matter by filing a final report. It should now be probed on whose instruction the case was closed," he said.
"On whose instructions was the final report filed - Whether the state Home Minister or Shivraj Singh Chouhan (Chief Minister) was responsible - Which BJP leaders were involved in hushing up this murder case?" he said.
"I demand from the central government to probe all this," Singh said adding the role of the police officers and others responsible for closing the case should be investigated under sections dealing with conspiracy", Singh said.
Singh charged violence, terrorism and hatred is the true character of RSS and this incident proves it.
Three persons were arrested by Madhya Pradesh Police yesterday in connection with the Joshi murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers