Digvijay denies receiving notice from Bhushan
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday said he had not received any legal notice from Lokpal panel co-chairman Shanti Bhushan, who has found himself embroiled in a fresh land controversy over allotment of priced
farmhouse plots to him and his son Jayant in Noida.
"I have not received any notice from Bhushan and even if I do, I will not reply to it," Singh told a news agency.
"Bhushan should be aware that sending legal notices does not serve any purpose," he said adding that the senior lawyer should file a case against him.
Bhushan had served a legal notice on the Congress leader demanding a public apology for levelling allegations against him on a property deal.
The notice was served through lawyer Kamini Jaiswal who asked Singh to publicly apologise for the "incorrect allegations" made by him against Bhushan.
A copy of the legal notice was also sent to Congress chief Sonia Gandhi.
Singh said that BJP president Nitin Gadkari too had sent him a legal notice, to which he had not replied.
The notice was sent to Singh last year for his allegations of corruption against Gadkari. He had alleged that Gadkari had amassed huge wealth in a short span of time and his antecedents should be checked.
"Following that the matter died its natural death," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi