Digvijay must come out with evidence against BJP
New Delhi: Congress leader Digvijay Singh who claimed to have evidence of corruption against some BJP leaders, should come out with it, Union Minister Kapil Sibal said on Thursday.
At a session of a programme organised by a news channel, the Science and Technology Minister said that in democracy, if a person is having any evidence of corruption against someone, then it is his responsibility to make it public.
"You ask Digvijay Singh about this. This is dangerous for democracy. If you have evidence against someone, then it is your responsibility to produce it in front of the public," Sibal said.
He was asked to comment on Singh`s recent statement that to has evidence of graft against some BJP leaders but is not willing to come out with it.
"Not only me. There were lot of things, which came out during the NDA regime. But did Congress party ever use that. We will never use this... If I say, I do not have it (evidence against kin of LK Advani and Atal Bihari Vajpayee), then it is not correct," Singh had said during a TV interview recently.
Sibal along with BJP`s Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley and CPI(M)`s senior leader Sitaram Yechury also fielded questions on future leadership of the country during next general elections.
Both Sibal and Jaitely refused to comment on future leadership of their parties and said that it will be decided at an appropriate time.
Asked to comment on Rahul Gandhi`s candidature for the post of Prime Minister from Congress, Sibal said, "First I will like to say that please leave it to the Congress party to decide what will happen in 2014. Please wait till 2014."
He insisted that future leadership of the country will come from Congress party only.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'