Digvijay must come out with evidence against BJP
New Delhi: Congress leader Digvijay Singh who claimed to have evidence of corruption against some BJP leaders, should come out with it, Union Minister Kapil Sibal said on Thursday.
At a session of a programme organised by a news channel, the Science and Technology Minister said that in democracy, if a person is having any evidence of corruption against someone, then it is his responsibility to make it public.
"You ask Digvijay Singh about this. This is dangerous for democracy. If you have evidence against someone, then it is your responsibility to produce it in front of the public," Sibal said.
He was asked to comment on Singh`s recent statement that to has evidence of graft against some BJP leaders but is not willing to come out with it.
"Not only me. There were lot of things, which came out during the NDA regime. But did Congress party ever use that. We will never use this... If I say, I do not have it (evidence against kin of LK Advani and Atal Bihari Vajpayee), then it is not correct," Singh had said during a TV interview recently.
Sibal along with BJP`s Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley and CPI(M)`s senior leader Sitaram Yechury also fielded questions on future leadership of the country during next general elections.
Both Sibal and Jaitely refused to comment on future leadership of their parties and said that it will be decided at an appropriate time.
Asked to comment on Rahul Gandhi`s candidature for the post of Prime Minister from Congress, Sibal said, "First I will like to say that please leave it to the Congress party to decide what will happen in 2014. Please wait till 2014."
He insisted that future leadership of the country will come from Congress party only.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India