Digvijay must come out with evidence against BJP
New Delhi: Congress leader Digvijay Singh who claimed to have evidence of corruption against some BJP leaders, should come out with it, Union Minister Kapil Sibal said on Thursday.
At a session of a programme organised by a news channel, the Science and Technology Minister said that in democracy, if a person is having any evidence of corruption against someone, then it is his responsibility to make it public.
"You ask Digvijay Singh about this. This is dangerous for democracy. If you have evidence against someone, then it is your responsibility to produce it in front of the public," Sibal said.
He was asked to comment on Singh`s recent statement that to has evidence of graft against some BJP leaders but is not willing to come out with it.
"Not only me. There were lot of things, which came out during the NDA regime. But did Congress party ever use that. We will never use this... If I say, I do not have it (evidence against kin of LK Advani and Atal Bihari Vajpayee), then it is not correct," Singh had said during a TV interview recently.
Sibal along with BJP`s Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley and CPI(M)`s senior leader Sitaram Yechury also fielded questions on future leadership of the country during next general elections.
Both Sibal and Jaitely refused to comment on future leadership of their parties and said that it will be decided at an appropriate time.
Asked to comment on Rahul Gandhi`s candidature for the post of Prime Minister from Congress, Sibal said, "First I will like to say that please leave it to the Congress party to decide what will happen in 2014. Please wait till 2014."
He insisted that future leadership of the country will come from Congress party only.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!