Digvijay Singh attacks Narendra Modi, calls him fascist
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Monday hit out at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, of the BJP, for calling for a "Congress mukt Bharat".
Writing on Twitter, Singh said Modi had changed BJP`s slogan of `An India free of fear, hunger and corruption` to `An India free of Congress`.
"BJP earlier slogan BHAY BHOOK BRASHTACHAR MUKT BHARAT/ MODI`S SLOGAN - CONGRESS MUKT BHARAT (sic)," Singh tweeted.
"Now in Modi`s BJP BHAY BHOOK BRASHTACHAR MUKT BHARAT is no longer an issue . Would the BJP Think Tank or the Spokespersons pl respond?(sic)," he added.
"Isn`t Modi`s and now BJP`s slogan of CONGRESS MUKT BHARAT , FASCIST? Would all other non BJP Non Communal Political Parties pl respond?(sic)," the senior Congress leader said.
It may be noted that Modi is likely on the path to be anointed as BJP`s PM candidate following his appointment as the party`s 2014 poll campaign panel chief.
Ever since, Congress has sharpened its attack on the BJP`s poster boy who is likely to lead the major opposition party in next year`s General Elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?