Digvijay Singh attacks Narendra Modi, calls him fascist
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Monday hit out at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, of the BJP, for calling for a "Congress mukt Bharat".
Writing on Twitter, Singh said Modi had changed BJP`s slogan of `An India free of fear, hunger and corruption` to `An India free of Congress`.
"BJP earlier slogan BHAY BHOOK BRASHTACHAR MUKT BHARAT/ MODI`S SLOGAN - CONGRESS MUKT BHARAT (sic)," Singh tweeted.
"Now in Modi`s BJP BHAY BHOOK BRASHTACHAR MUKT BHARAT is no longer an issue . Would the BJP Think Tank or the Spokespersons pl respond?(sic)," he added.
"Isn`t Modi`s and now BJP`s slogan of CONGRESS MUKT BHARAT , FASCIST? Would all other non BJP Non Communal Political Parties pl respond?(sic)," the senior Congress leader said.
It may be noted that Modi is likely on the path to be anointed as BJP`s PM candidate following his appointment as the party`s 2014 poll campaign panel chief.
Ever since, Congress has sharpened its attack on the BJP`s poster boy who is likely to lead the major opposition party in next year`s General Elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir