Digvijay Singh attacks Narendra Modi, calls him fascist
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Monday hit out at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, of the BJP, for calling for a "Congress mukt Bharat".
Writing on Twitter, Singh said Modi had changed BJP`s slogan of `An India free of fear, hunger and corruption` to `An India free of Congress`.
"BJP earlier slogan BHAY BHOOK BRASHTACHAR MUKT BHARAT/ MODI`S SLOGAN - CONGRESS MUKT BHARAT (sic)," Singh tweeted.
"Now in Modi`s BJP BHAY BHOOK BRASHTACHAR MUKT BHARAT is no longer an issue . Would the BJP Think Tank or the Spokespersons pl respond?(sic)," he added.
"Isn`t Modi`s and now BJP`s slogan of CONGRESS MUKT BHARAT , FASCIST? Would all other non BJP Non Communal Political Parties pl respond?(sic)," the senior Congress leader said.
It may be noted that Modi is likely on the path to be anointed as BJP`s PM candidate following his appointment as the party`s 2014 poll campaign panel chief.
Ever since, Congress has sharpened its attack on the BJP`s poster boy who is likely to lead the major opposition party in next year`s General Elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog